python-daemon 2.1.0 introduced breaking changes

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 30 03:33:25 UTC 2016

On 06-Jan-2016, Peter Urda wrote:

> It appears that the latest version of python-daemon requires a
> `initgroups` kwarg to be included with `DaemonContext`. If it's not
> set, python-daemon will fail to launch with error:
>
> in ... daemon/daemon.py", line 635, in change_process_owner
>     os.initgroups(username, gid)
> PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

Thank you. This was reported and discussed on the ‘python-daemon’
issue tracker
<URL:https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=315239&group_id=100328&atid=413098>.

After considering the use cases, I agree that the default should be
‘initgroups=False’.

The release today of ‘python-daemon’ version 2.1.1 will fix this.

--
 \      “It's up to the masses to distribute [music] however they want |
  `\    … The laws don't matter at that point. People sharing music in |