‘python-daemon’: Install from source has version “UNKNOWN”

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Oct 21 13:19:30 UTC 2016

On 21-Jun-2016, Maarten van Gompel wrote:

> This breaks with the following message:
>
>     […]
>     /tmp/easy_install-mwc_1f_d/python-daemon-2.1.1/.eggs/docutils-0.12-py3.5.egg
>     /tmp/venv-luigi/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py:294:
>     UserWarning: The version specified ('UNKNOWN') is an invalid version, this may
>     not work as expected with newer versions of setuptools, pip, and PyPI. Please
>     see PEP 440 for more details.
>     "details." % self.metadata.version
>     creating
>     /tmp/venv-luigi/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_daemon-UNKNOWN-py3.5.egg
>     Extracting python_daemon-UNKNOWN-py3.5.egg to
>     /tmp/venv-luigi/lib/python3.5/site-packages
>     Adding python-daemon UNKNOWN to easy-install.pth file

I believe this is now addressed, as discussed in the issue at
<URL:https://pagure.io/python-daemon/issue/1>.

Are you able to try building ‘python-daemon’ from source
<URL:https://pagure.io/python-daemon>? You'll need to modify the
change log document's latest entry, I have not yet released this
change. Choose “2.1.2” or whatever version string you would like to
test.

The resulting distribution should correctly contain the version in the
package metadata, first time.

If you can get that result I think this will satisfy the dependencies
when I release the change in a new version.

--
 \        “Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?” “Sure, Brain, |
  `\     but how are we going to find chaps our size?” —_Pinky and The |