[Python-modules-team] python-mysqldb

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Sat Aug 19 14:16:53 UTC 2006

Hi, I am using your mysql python module and I've come across a bug that perhaps
you can help me out with.

http://svn.natalian.org/projects/flash/my-test.py

This code works on a Debian stable server machine:

snicker$ python my-test.py
Version:  (1, 2, 1, 'gamma', 3)
(('1', 'Testing 123', '2006-08-19 06:57:00', '0'),)

But not on my Debian unstable machine:

sam$ python my-test.py
Version:  (1, 2, 1, 'final', 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "my-test.py", line 4, in ?
    db.query("""SELECT * from todo""")
_mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (2014, "Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now")

Do you know why I might be getting this error message on my Unstable machine?

The homepage perhaps should also by updated:
http://dustman.net/andy/python/MySQLdb_obsolete

I know it's moved over to sourceforge, but the homepage link refers back to
http://dustman.net/andy/python/MySQLdb_obsolete which makes the look module
look obsolete! Or is there something I should be using instead?

Best wishes!