[Python-modules-team] Can we get rid of svn-buildpackage?

Carlos cgalisteo at k-rolus.net
Sun Aug 17 00:08:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Christoph Haas <haas at debian.org> wrote:

> During the
> last months I have hardly done any DPMT-related work mainly because I just
> don't like the repository.

 We should be sure that nobody will stop now working on DPMT because
he/she doesn't likes git.
 I'm also a bit afraid of git usage being a barrier for potential new
members. (In the other hand, it could be a motivation for some other
people as well.)

> So what do you think?

I mostly agree with your analysis. I have no objection to the git
migration as long as the most of the people (or at least the most
active people) in the team are fine with it.

> (3) Find a way to migrate to git (minimum: git-import-dsc on the latest
>    package)
> (4) Rewrite wiki documentation on how to work with git-buildpackage
>    instead of hg-buildpackage

 I think we could find some 'inspiration' about these two items from
the games team wiki [1]

[1]http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS

Regards

--
---
Carlos Galisteo <cgalisteo AT k-rolus.net>