[Python-modules-team] Security issue in python-dns - update

Scott Kitterman debian at kitterman.com
Fri Jul 11 05:26:22 UTC 2008

Python-dns is used by python-spf and python-formencode.

I wanted to let you know that python-dns has problems with respect to the
current DNS cache issue.  See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=490217 for details.

Python-dns upstream has now agreed to provide both TID randomization and
source port randomization.  I've uploaded 2.3.1-4 based on their current CVS
that partially addresses TID randomization (details in the bug).

Scott K
Maintainer for python-dns and python-spf