[Python-modules-team] using python2.5 + mysql on Etch?

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Sun Mar 9 05:41:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Joris <joris at v5.be> wrote:
> Hello maintainers and other gods,
>
>  (if this is not the place to ask, please redirect me)

This is probably better:

debian-python at lists.debian.org

>  I'm looking to run my python2.5-dependent application on Etch,
>  connecting to a mysql database.
>  It appears the python-mysqldb package only provides for 2.3/2.4.
>  I tried serveral things (link modules, compile mysqldb myself) but
>  couldn't really get it working.
>
>  What are the best/easiest options for this situation?

Add python2.5 to the list of supported versions in this file:

/usr/share/python/debian_defaults

Then rebuild python-mysqldb.

A hackish way might be to copy the .so from the python 2.4 directory.
I did this for zlib.so, which doesn't seem to be present in etch
python2.5, and it worked OK apart from an API warning.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise