[Python-modules-team] python-qt4

Alexander Bluem alex at binarchy.net
Tue Jan 19 18:46:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

I saw on the http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/intro
site that PyQt v4.7 Released is already released. But for my "needs"
PyQt v4.6.1 would do, too. Yet in the debian package repositories I can
only see 4.6-1, so I assume that this is version 4.6.0.. ?

PyQt v4.6.0 has a (few) little bug(s) but one of them prevents certain
context menu entries in git-cola which makes use of pyqt4.

Is there a way to finally upgrade pyqt4 to a more recent version? I
really do need it for my work, yet I don't want to go through the
hassle of compiling all by myself.

Cheers!
Alex