No subject

Mon Mar 29 23:06:26 UTC 2010

and distributed in the most proficent way.

Choosing to use a not-yet-released / untested / experimental tool
creates several problems to downstream: which one to use? the one from
yesterday or two days ago? or 1 week? and if it has to be usable by
all other modules building documentation with sphinx, is this version
going to disrupt their docs? also since it's still under development,
you might experience trouble as the code evolves.

I can understand you see it as additional work: support 0.6.4, then
1.0 when will be released and so on, but if you look at the other way
around, currently the Debian package cannot build documentation
because of the unreleased sphinx version used.

> The processed html and pdf documents are available at
> http://networkx.lanl.gov/contents.html

That's nice you have it available on the web, but Debian has also the
tradition to provide the documentation on the local system, so that an
internet connection would not be needed to read doc.

> Also it was noted after the release that networkx-1.1 doesn't work
> correctly with Python2.4 so it should be marked that it needs
> Python2.5 or later (but not Python3k, yet).

Thanks for the notice! luckily we're phasing out py2.4 in favour of
py2.5 and 2.6.

Regards,
--=20