[Python-modules-team] python-potr and pyjavaproperties

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Dec 1 21:59:31 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I'm interested in packaging python-potr and pyjavaproperties and getting
them into Debian (I'm a DM).  I have no prior experience with packaging
Python, so I figured its probably best to do this under a team like
this.  Also, I'd like to open them up to other people committing if they
want to ease collaboration.  Also, I'm not likely to be able to always
be responsive for these packages, so I want to make sure that others can
fix things if need be.

I already have a working package of pyjavaproperties on my machine using
CDBS.  It is a library for working with .properties files common in Java
land.  I also want to package python-potr, which is a pure Python
implementation of Off-The-Record encryption, written by the same person
who did the python-otr SWIG wrapper to libotr.

A couple questions:

- anyone know of objections, conflicts or related existing work?
- is CDBS the preferred way of packaging?

.hc