[Python-modules-team] TG2 and Pylons version in Ubuntu 10.10

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Tue Jan 4 13:48:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 09:43:46AM +0100, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > "it seems to be a problem with the new version of pylons :- pylons 0.10
> > if i install pylons 0.9.7 , it works fine. "
>
> I remember sending a patch to turbogears2 package after uploading new
> python-routes - I don't know if that was the only problem, Zack (CCed)
> should know better...

Your patch has been applied in the version of tg2 which is currently in
Squeeze:
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/turbogears2/news/20100321T222451Z.html>
(and AFAIK did address the issue brought by the bug reporter).

> upstream authors will support Pylons for a while, new development
> happens only in Pyramid, though (TurboGears authors joined Pyramid as
> well, BTW, so it might be a good idea to start looking at Pyramid, I
> started focusing on Flask instead. I will still maintain Pylons
> related packages, don't worry, I use it at work)

FWIW, this is for me enough of a reason for loosing interest in TG2, so
if someone else want to take over, package Pyramid, and ditch TG, by all
means go ahead.

Cheers.