[Python-modules-team] Request to create a new package 'Pyro4'

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Jun 16 01:54:04 UTC 2011

Hi Irmen,

First of all thank you for keeping python-modules team up-to-date with
your development of Pyro.

FWIW -- pyro 4 once already made into Debian as a regular update from
pyro, but then, after realizing radical changes from pyro 3 package was
reverted to ship 3.9.1.

Since I do not know the intent of original maintainers of pyro in
Debian: if you ever approach packaging pyro for Debian yourself,
existing package would be a really good start.  Did you ever have a look
at it?  it is not rocket science, nor brain surgery either ;-)
Let us know if you would like more directions (tutorials, etc) on Debian
packaging.