[Python-modules-team] foolscap

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:56:47 UTC 2011

Hi,
the foolscap package requires an update to a new upstream version due to
the upload of twisted 10.2 [0, 1].
To reproduce the problem execute the testsuite with make test.

There has been no activity on this package since a year despite several
new upstream versions.
Is there still the intent to maintain it?

If not I am willing to take over packaging of the new version and
updating it to newest debian standards. Though I would require sponsoring.

I have also applied for membership in the alioth team.

PS: I have already created a minmal package for ubuntu which has the
same problem [2]. (minimal due to the feature freeze)

Best Regards,
Julian Taylor

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/twisted.html
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~jtaylor/ubuntu/natty/foolscap/foolscap.0.6.1