[Python-modules-team] Request to update Pyro package in Debian

Irmen de Jong irmen at razorvine.net
Thu May 26 21:30:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm the author of the Pyro library for Python, and I recently released
Pyro 3.14.
Debian is still supplying the Pyro 3.9.1 version, which is really
becoming very old by now (it was released in april 2009).
Pyro 3 has seen various critical bug fixes since then. Therefore I
strongly suggest to update the version that is packaged with Debian to
the current Pyro 3.14 release.

If there are any troubles or objections with this, I would be glad to
hear about them, and will help to sort them out.

Pyro on Pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pyro/
Pyro change log: http://irmen.home.xs4all.nl/pyro3/manual/12-changes.html
readonly subversion access: svn://svn.razorvine.net/Pyro/Pyro3/tags/3.14

Kind regards,

Irmen de Jong

PS this Pyro version should not be confused with Pyro4, which is the new
development version of Pyro but which is not backward compatible and
still in beta. Theoretically it could be possible to add Pyro4 as a
separate package but Pyro (the 3.x version) cannot be replaced by it.