[Python-modules-team] ipython-0.11 -- VCS?

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Sep 29 21:38:23 UTC 2011

THANKS!  I can even say more -- Sure thing it would get rewritten
whenever you finally dcommit ;)

may be it would be worth just moving over to maintain it under GIT?
(I know that there were multiple discussions before about a global move... ;)

P.S. Let me reveal my evil plans:

 ipython git repository provides a freshly merged awesome feature
 -- ipython web notebooks (think about python-modules-universe friendly
 sage ;) ).  And many (lazy) users I interact with are eager to get a
 way to apt-get install such a version.  So, I have decided to prepare
 the set of non-Debian-official packages ipython01x installing
 everything with 01x (or 01X for IPython01X module itself) suffix.  This
 way I hope that it would be possible to install this dev release even
 on older systems (think squeeze) and enjoy notebooks without
 conflicting with the system-wide installed IPython