[Python-modules-team] Sponsor needed for python-itsdangerous

Jakub Wilk jwilk at debian.org
Mon Apr 8 16:17:38 UTC 2013

* Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net>, 2013-04-06, 15:05:
>>Insisting that all binary packages should have ${python:Depends} will
>>cause tons of false positives; let's not go that way.
>>
>>I think Lintian should emit the tag only if none of the binary
>>packages have ${python:Depends}. This is not bulletproof, but should
>>catch most mistakes.
>
>what about binary packages that are named python-* ?  can we safely
>expect them all to Depend: on ${python:Depends} ?

I have such name-based check implemented in lintian4python. It sort of
works, but I had to filter out at least:
- dependency/transitional packages;
- -dbg packages;
- -dev packages;
- documentation packages;
- python-support, python-central;
- packages built from src:python-defaults.
And I'm pretty sure there are still false positives...

--
Jakub Wilk