[Python-modules-team] updated makehuman

Marcus Watts mdw at umich.edu
Mon Feb 18 17:21:58 UTC 2013

I have an update on makehuman.  *Please*, do let me know if
this is of interest to you, otherwise I'll decide I'm wasting your time.

1. install oops
2. cowbuilder
3. bad options

____ 1. install oops

I'm embarassed to say that the "makehuman" deb I had on friday
does not work.  Turns out I had botched the list of files to install.

So I have these updated files now,

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mdw/deb/

makehuman_20130110svn-2_source.changes
makehuman_20130110svn-2.debian.tar.gz
makehuman_20130110svn-2.dsc
makehuman_20130110svn.orig.tar.gz

makehuman_20130110svn-2_amd64.changes
makehuman-doc_20130110svn-2_all.deb
makehuman-data_20130110svn-2_all.deb
makehuman_20130110svn-2_amd64.deb

(pyopengl-accelerate is also there.)

____ 2. cowbuilder

I've not tried building this from scratch using "cowbuilder".
In talking w/ Matteo F. Vescovi it became clear I really
should do so - I hope to do so within a day or so.

____ 3. bad options

I said before this version of "makehuman" has bugs.
When exporting to blender, these options cause problems:
a.
"body shapes" (default is on).  If on, save fails with this error,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GenderAgeMuscleWeightModifier'
b.
"expressions" (default is off).  If on, save fails with this error,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GenderAgeEthnicModifier2'

I'm hoping a newer version from svn will fix that.

				-Marcus Watts