[Python-modules-team] python-xdo (http://bugs.debian.org/698020)

Jakub Wilk jwilk at debian.org
Tue Jan 22 12:03:30 UTC 2013

* Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net>, 2013-01-21, 18:27:
>>>Any objections to my setting up a git repository for python-xdo under
>>>python-modules-team's section on alioth?
>>Well, we use Subversion as VCS...
>
>not for everything, apparently:
>
>0 dkg at alice:~$ ssh git.debian.org ls /git/python-modules/packages
>plastex.git
>python-whoosh.git
>python-xlrd.git

I'm not aware of anyone publicly announcing such piecemeal svn->git
conversion. (And certainly there is no _consensus_ (yet?) within the
team that this is a way to go.) It looks like rather private initiative
of a few developers.

Now looking at the versions of these packages in unstable:
- plastex and python-lxrd have Vcs-* fields pointing to the Subversion
repository.
- python-whoosh is not under the DPMT umbrella ("debian/control: Remove
DPMT from package maintainership due to the move to Git.", quoting
2.2.2-1 changelog).

--
Jakub Wilk