[Python-modules-team] python-pyhyphen

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Jul 25 16:13:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

after studying the README file of the mionteed package, I wanted to execute:
===
from hyphen import Hyphenator
from hyphen.dictools import *

# Download and install some dictionaries in the default directory using the default
# repository, usually the OpenOffice website
for lang in ['de_DE', 'en_US']:
    if not is_installed(lang): install(lang)
===
But this returns:
===
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/streicher/setup.py", line 7, in <module>
    if not is_installed(lang): install(lang)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/hyphen/dictools.py", line 29, in is_installed
    return (language in list_installed(directory))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/hyphen/dictools.py", line 19, in list_installed
    return [d[5:-4] for d in os.listdir(directory)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '$path'
===

The corresponding package for LibreOffice is installed. What am I doing wrong?
How else can I install hyphen dictionaries?

Thanks
Sebastian
ps: keep me in CC, I'm not on the list.
--