[Python-modules-team] python-requests backport

Daniele Tricoli eriol at mornie.org
Thu Jun 6 11:37:11 UTC 2013

Hello Julien and Yaroslav,

thanks for remindig this: I was wondering about backporting requests but as
noted by Yaroslav we have to investigate how many packages will break.

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 08:30:55 Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> It would be nice to know if it would break any of the reverse
> dependencies if backport gets uploaded (may be add NEWS entry to make it
> obvious happen someone pull it from backports)

I will be happy to work on this, but since I'm not a DD (yet ;) and this is
the first time I contront with this kind of situation I was wondering if ftp-
masters will allow breckage in our stable release. Is a NEWS entry enough? :)

My plan is to backport python-urllib3 and python-requests and start to
indvestigate how many package will break.

> $> apt-cache rdepends python-requests
> python-requests
>
> Reverse Depends:
>   python-glance
>   dosage
>   cloud-init
>   python-ceilometer
>   python-novaclient
>   python-keystoneclient
>   python-glanceclient
>   python-cinderclient
>   pybit-client

>   httpie
httpie will certainly break, see #707994; I pinged Bartosz Fenski on IRC some
time ago, but he did not reply.

Many thanks for your comments. If I forgot somthing please tell me!

Kind regards,

--
 Daniele Tricoli 'Eriol'
 http://mornie.org