[Python-modules-team] Hand pygame maintainership over to Debian Python Modules Team?

Vincent Cheng vincentc1208 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 09:33:25 UTC 2013

Hi Andrea and Ed,

Would it be ok with you if we were to set pygame's maintainer to the
Debian Python Modules Team
<python-modules-team at lists.alioth.debian.org>? I'm personally in
favour of moving as many packages as possible over to team
maintainership, and pygame is important enough that I think it
deserves to have more people taking care of it (and besides, team
uploads are easier to do than NMUs).

Ed: you're currently pygame's maintainer, but even though I've sent
you multiple private emails (and I and Andreas cc'ed you in our
conversations) since I took up de facto maintainership of pygame back
in June of 2011, I've never heard back from you at all. Not to mention
that a quick search through Debian's mailing lists seems to indicate
that you were last seen around 2002...are you still active in Debian,
and would you still like to take part in maintaining pygame?

Regards,
Vincent