[Python-modules-team] python-usb old version

Anton Balashov abalashov at griddynamics.com
Mon May 20 07:22:14 UTC 2013

Hi, guys!
I'm trying to make my own package for my little project (
https://github.com/Sicness/pyNooLite), witch depends on pysub from pypi
(python-usb in debian).
My trouble consist in debian package python-usb which has 0.4.3-1. Current
version is 1.0.0a3 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyusb/). I opened a bug (
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=708764)
These versions is not compatible and my project don't wont to work with
package from repo. But, if I'll rewrite it for debian, my projects wouldn't
work with module from pypi (most users).
I tryed to make pyusb-1.0.0a3-1.deb but it should be in repo...

It's a trouble for me and not only for me. I think this module is stable
enough for making a pkg.