[Python-modules-team] Bug#772572: RFP: python-pyroute2 -- pure Python netlink and Linux network configuration library
abe at debian.org
Mon Dec 8 17:22:16 UTC 2014
* Package name : python-pyroute2
Version : 0.3.3
Upstream Author : Peter V. Saveliev <peter at svinota.eu>
* URL or Web page : https://github.com/svinota/pyroute2
* License : GPLv2+
Description : pure Python netlink and Linux network configuration library
Pyroute2 requires only Python stdlib, no 3rd party libraries.
The library provides several modules:
* Netlink protocol implementations (RTNetlink, TaskStats, etc)
* Simple netlink socket object, that can be used in poll/select
* Network configuration module IPRoute provides API that in some way
resembles ip/tc functionality
* IPDB is an async transactional database of Linux network settings
Pyroute2 is planned to become a dependency of dhcpy6d, hence I'd be
happy if someone with more Python module packaging experience than me
could package it.
There is already some RPM packaging at
(which is also the only place where I found the "+" in "GPLv2+"
mentioned so far).
More information about the Python-modules-team