[Python-modules-team] python-levenshtein

Stuart Prescott stuart at debian.org
Sat Feb 1 04:42:33 UTC 2014

Hi!

The python-levenshtein package, maintained by DPMT, is currently at upstream
version 0.10.1. In preparing for the new upstream release of translate-
toolkit, I found that translate-toolkit claims it needs at least version
0.10.2 [1].

BTW, the homepage, copyright and watch in the python-levenshtein package do
not point to the current upstream location, they point at a convenience copy
translate-toolkit used to distribute; ttkit instead points people to pypi for
it now.

	https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-Levenshtein

	https://github.com/ztane/python-Levenshtein

Since the new release also offers python3 support, I'd like to provide a
python3-levenshtein package too. I guess it makes sense to move away from
pysupport in that process.

Any reasons for me not to do all this?

cheers
Stuart

[1] Actually, I've since established that it doesn't, but having done the work
of looking at python-levenshtein, I guess it may as well get updated....

Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart at nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart at debian.org
GPG fingerprint    BE65 FD1E F4EA 08F3 23D4 3C6D 9FE8 B8CD 71C5 D1A8
GPG fingerprint    90E2 D2C1 AD14 6A1B 7EBB 891D BBC1 7EBB 1396 F2F7