[Python-modules-team] unsuccessful importing of scipy.interpolate after updating in unstable

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:32:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Mauricio Calvao <mocalvao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have recently updated my python-scipy package from version 0.10.1 to
> 0.12.0.
> Now when I try to import scipy.interpolate the following error is issued:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scipy/special/basic.py in <module>()
>       6
>       7 import numpy as np
> ----> 8 from scipy.lib.six.moves import xrange
>       9 from numpy import pi, asarray, floor, isscalar, iscomplex, real,
> imag, sqrt, \
>      10         where, mgrid, cos, sin, exp, place, seterr, issubdtype,
> extract, \
>
> ImportError: No module named moves
>

> Could you provide any clues to fix this???
>
> Thanks in advance!

I'm assuming you are running stable and installing the testing python-scipy?
the testing version does not have the correct dependencies specified for
six, you need to manually install python-six >= 1.3.0 from testing too.

(This is fixed in experimental which should soon be able to migrate to
unstable)