[Python-modules-team] Comments regarding python-django-jsonfield_0.9.20-1_amd64.changes

Brian May bam at debian.org
Fri Jul 4 00:20:49 UTC 2014

On 3 July 2014 21:00, Thorsten Alteholz <ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org>
wrote:

> according to PKG-INFO and the file LICENSE in the upstream repository
> the license is MIT. Your debian/copyright contains BSD-3.
> Can you please shed some light on this?

Thank you for your report.

Turns out there are two packages in pypi, that are very similar:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/jsonfield/0.9.20
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-jsonfield/0.9.12

I imagine both originated from the same source:

http://justcramer.com/2009/04/14/cleaning-up-with-json-and-sql/

I am going to have to work this out, and double check which version is the
best one to use.

In the meantime, please reject my upload, think it is unsuitable for
release into Debian as is.
--
Brian May <bam at debian.org>