[Python-modules-team] pynag and syslog in Debian

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Jun 26 15:31:42 UTC 2014

Hi Clint, Pall,

Chandrika, one of our Google Summer of Code students for Ganglia, has
added support for bulk check results into pynag.  It has been accepted
upstream.
https://github.com/pynag/pynag/commit/dda3098c027c3e62d512aecdca15d11f731b29c9

I've built a local package of pynag (from Git) for testing and I've also
uploaded some related packages:

python-netsyslog  - provides a SysLog collector/server/parser for
receiving syslog events over TCP
syslog-nagios-bridge - uses pythong-netsyslog to receive events and uses
pynag to write them out as checkresults

Future versions of the ganglia-nagios-bridge package will also use it
very soon (that is another thing Chandrika is working on)

Would you be able to make an update of the pynag package so that the
checkresult support is available for these other packages to use?

Regards,

Daniel