[Python-modules-team] ipython backport to wheezy

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 17:12:30 UTC 2014

On 14.05.2014 15:17, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> I needed a newer ipython for a work project, so I backported the jessie
> version (available at https://cristau.org/~julien/ipython-wheezy/ for
> now).
> Do you have any plans for uploads to wheezy-backports?  Do you think it
> would be useful if I uploaded the above?

Hi,
yes a backport for wheezy definitely makes a lot of sense as the 1.x
notebook is significantly better than the 0.x one. Thanks for doing it.

I am currently working on packaging 2.0 it should be almost ready,
though I still have trouble getting the testsuite to run reliably.
I'm not sure if a 1.x backport or a 2.x backport is better. Both
versions can read the same notebooks but 2.x controls different (model,
vim like).
Maybe having a 1.x backport and 2.x installable via testing/jessie is a
good way.
If you agree please go ahead and upload your backport.

Cheers,
Julian