[Python-modules-team] python-hl7 not maintained since close to three years

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sat Oct 25 18:27:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 07:06:40PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org> wrote:
> >> you wrote them 21hrs ago on a Friday evening...
> >
> > I know and we have about another 21hrs left if the package should reach
> > Jessie.  I'm aware that my takeover was against our usual rules but I
> > consider my action in the interest of the users of this package.  As I
> > wrote I'm fine to revert the move to the Debian Med team.
>
> a NMU would have been more appropriate, IMHO.

I considered this.  However, I wanted to run the test suite to be really
sure that everything works fine.  This involved several changes in the
packaging.  I have put my preference on proper documenting these changes
in VCS over an NMU with only slight changes.  BTW, as far as I know a
new upstream version also does not really justify an NMU.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de