[Python-modules-team] [django-announce] [ANNOUNCE] Django 1.7 released

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Sep 4 06:56:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014, Brian May wrote:
> On 3 September 2014 19:01, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Given the discussions we had on debian-python, are we sure that we want
> > to force it through even though we still have many known problems on
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=python-django@packages.debian.org;tag=django17
> > ?
>
> I think we need to work out which of these packages we really want in
> Jessie. Otherwise we will still be trying to get Django 1.7 in Jessie + 1.

Sure, we can't fix everything, but I would like us to make some efforts
for maintainers that explicitly requested help. I'm thinking of
lava-server and horizon mainly.

> I don't think we should hold Django 1.7 back for the sake of packages that
> are no longer used, broken upstream with no fix in sight, or are no longer
> maintained in Debian. Better to drop the packages.

Definitely. But we must watch out when they are dependencies of other
packages...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/