[Python-modules-team] Potential removal - python-irc

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Aug 30 09:49:14 UTC 2015

On 29/08/15 07:12 PM, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> (xpilot-ng-common)
> I'm not familiar with these packages that are depending on python-irc, but
> if you would like to continue to have them depend on python-irc, please
> update bug #730084.
>
> As this package is now almost 2 years behind upstream and has been orphaned
> for a considerable time, I may request removal of this package unless I hear
> otherwise from you.

If it came down to it and python-irc were removed, xpngcc (a
python-based launcher for the game) would need to be patched to remove
or replace the 'Support and Chat' option. While that would not be ideal,
and I'd rather not have to lose functionality, I could live with it, as
it's not core functionality required by the game.

So, yes, I'm interested in seeing python-irc continue to be maintained,
if someone is available to do the work, but it's not something I'm
personally interested in taking on.

Ben