[Python-modules-team] Django 1.9

Brian May bam at debian.org
Thu Dec 3 21:34:28 UTC 2015

I see that Django 1.9 is now in unstable...

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> writes:

> For this to be viable, we would just have to ensure that all Django
> applications are free of Django warning before any Debian release.

Regardless of what we decide, I would really like to do this
one. Ideally we need to be able to work out an automatic way of building
packages and listing the warnings (maybe this would require changes to
Django to redirect the warnings someplace??). If we can get zero
warnings, the packages in the stable Debian are more likely to be
compatable with future Django versions, and the local administrator has
more freedom to install - say a copy of Django from backports.

However the downside is that these problems will be mostly upstream
issues, and we would need to convince upstream to fix the warnings, and
some may not be interested in fixing issues for a future unreleased
version of Django.
--
Brian May <bam at debian.org>