[Python-modules-team] 1.7.2 in experimental; reasons to not push to unstable?

Brian May bam at debian.org
Wed Jan 21 00:00:25 UTC 2015

On 21 January 2015 at 03:29, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:

> I would like to get 1.7.3 into jessie but before pushing it that way, we
> have to convince the release team.
>
> Would you like to open a pre-appoval request with a debdiff and an
> explanation that upsteam is sane, and their stable release policy
> is bugfix only (i.e. no new features) ?

Do you think it would help if I created a Debian bug report pointing to
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/23581 ?

Think this is nasty as it can leave a Postgresql database in a broken
state, it isn't immediately obvious that it is broken (in only affects
creation of new rows as it drops the auto increment sequence), and requires
manual fixing to correct (just upgrading Django won't fix existing
databases).

My tests seem to indicate that this is fixed in 1.7.3
--
Brian May <bam at debian.org>