[Python-modules-team] Django 1.9

Barry Warsaw barry at debian.org
Tue Nov 24 23:08:01 UTC 2015

Hi guys, apologies for any duplicate emails.

I really appreciate all the great work y'all have done to get us on Django
1.8.  I was hoping that this would give us Python 3.5 support, but as you
know, upstream's documentation is incorrect about this, and then there's issue
25502 tracking *actual* Python 3.5 support.

Also, Django 1.9rc1 was released last week and their roadmap says that 1.9
final should be out possibly by next week (2 weeks after rc1 if no rc2 is
necessary).  1.9 *will* officially support 3.5.

What's the plan for Django 1.9?

Cheers,
-Barry