[Python-modules-team] Django 1.9

Luke Faraone lfaraone at debian.org
Thu Nov 26 17:45:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-11-26 at 13:51 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Unfortunately they have cycles of about 9 month so that makes 1.10 in
> september 2016 and 1.11 in june 2017 (roughly).
>
> So there is no chance that we manage to include 1.11 into stretch
> (which freezes in november 2016 IIRC).

Stretch freezes at 2016-12-05[1]. Per the Django roadmap published in
June[2], 1.11 LTS will be released in April 2017.

In the Django 1.8 cycle, the codebase entered a feature freeze in
January 2015, rc-bug-only freeze in February, and released in April
2015.

Assuming 1.11 follows the same schedule, we'd be able to include it in
stretch if we can get an exception to Debian's freeze one month in.

If others agree that it would be workable to do this, we should engage
with the Debian release team and get pre-approval for an exception.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch
[2]: https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2015/jun/25/roadmap/

  -- Luke Faraone