[Python-modules-team] Git-dpm help for tweepy

Ross Gammon ross at the-gammons.net
Thu Feb 11 08:09:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was working last night on fixing the RC bug for tweepy, but got myself
in a muddle with git-dpm. I am working on fixing things this morning
with a fresh brain.

Tweepy is currently 3.4.0 & 3.5.0 is a new available release. I cloned,
fixed the bug (just disabling the unit test), confirmed it was fixed and
then looked at packaging 3.5.0 as a team upload. But git-dpm seemed to
be unaware of 3.4.0 (claiming that 3.1.0 was the right tarball), that
there were non-debian changes in the debian branch and wouldn't let me
import 3.5.0. So I gave up on 3.5.0, and started trying to work out what
was wrong with 3.4.0 in git-dpm.

At this point, I somehow merged pristine-tar into master :-(

This morning, I have managed to record the new upstream (3.4.0) with
git-dpm.

Then I reverted the crazy pristine-tar merge (which shouldn't cause
problems in the future as pristine-tar & master live separate lives).

Now I am left with:
$ git-dpm status
git-dpm: ERROR: Debian branch contains non-debian changes:
 .coveragerc
 .travis.yml
 CHANGELOG.md
 CONTRIBUTORS
 README.md
 docs/api.rst
 docs/auth_tutorial.rst
 docs/getting_started.rst
 docs/streaming_how_to.rst
 examples/oauth.py
 requirements.txt
 setup.py
 tests/test_streaming.py
 tweepy/__init__.py
 tweepy/api.py
 tweepy/binder.py
 tweepy/error.py
 tweepy/models.py
 tweepy/streaming.py
 tweepy/utils.py

These are the exact same files from the original 3.4.0 upstream merge.

Any ideas how I can teach git-dpm that these changed files are probably
the real pristine upstream 3.4.0?

I will obviously need to run some diffs on the tarballs at the end of
all this to make sure everything is in alignment.

Cheers,

Ross