[Python-modules-team] Question about Django in bpo8

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jan 6 09:10:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, 05 Jan 2016, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> I saw that 1.8.8 has just been uploaded to jessie-backports.
> Testing has already 1.9, 1.9.1 to come.
> What is the plan in respect to backports?
> Will 1.9.x go into bpo8 at some point?
> When? Or why not? :~)

I don't plan to push 1.9.x in backports. 1.8.x is an LTS version and I
expect most Debian stable users would like to use an LTS version.

Also installing 1.9.x from testing (with some pinning or manually) is
rather easy.

Ah, if we had bikesheds already... then I would maintain the LTS version
in a bikeshed instead.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer