[Python-modules-team] python-psutil backport

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Thu Jun 2 19:35:40 UTC 2016

Hey Harlan,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Harlan Lieberman-Berg
<hlieberman at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> Wanted to reach out to you about python-psutil.  Right now, there's an
> extant bug in the version that's in jessie which is causing some
> problems with certbot (aka letsencrypt).
>
> It seems the bug was fixed in 2.2.1, exactly one minor point later than
> what we have in jessie.
>
> Do you think this is something that we might be able to get fixed
> through p-u?

it is unlikely the release team would approve a new upstream release
(no matter how minor that is) or even a patch for software outside of
jessie (as certbot is only in jessie bpo)

> Also, how would you feel about a backport of python-psutil?  I'm happy
> to put that work forth to get 4.1 into jessie-backports.

i think this is a better approach, as most/all the other modules for
certbot are in bpo anyway; if you want you can go ahead and upload
psutil to jessie-backports, or I can do that, but will take me few
days to get to it

Cheers,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi