[Python-modules-team] FTBFS trouble upgrading python-django to 1.9.4-1

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Mar 7 11:08:37 UTC 2016

On Sat, 05 Mar 2016, Luke Faraone wrote:
> An excerpt of the end of the log of the build failure is attached.
>
> Notably, similar ln/mv errors happen in 1.9.2-1[2], but they aren't
> fatal.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what's wrong here?

The logic in the find call. The first part of the "or" finds files in the
*_template directory and the other half finds the *_template directory.

Once the directory is moved, you can no longer move what's in it...

But this whole problem should be fixed by reverting the change in
commit 09b84c2c which was fixed upstream
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/25968
https://github.com/django/django/pull/5735

> PS: Apologies for pushing a tag before I had verified this was working;
> I haven't uploaded this package however of course. I can either
> overwrite the tag or cut a -2 release.

Overwriting the tag is fine IMO.

BTW you have not yet pushed/updated the upstream/1.9.x branch.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer