[Python-modules-team] [Python-modules-commits] [mpmath] 01/01: d/copyright: Changed licence shortname BSD -> BSD-3-clause

Barry Warsaw barry at debian.org
Mon May 2 17:56:21 UTC 2016

On Apr 30, 2016, at 04:57 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:

>debian/copyright is a rather delicate (and sometimes annoying, let's
>face it) file, a change to it requires the one doing the upload to
>actually check that what's been updated actually matches reality,
>which is just extra/unplanned work

But I think it's work you can't avoid for any team maintained packages.  If
you see changelog entries you didn't make, it's always a good idea to look
them over.  It's also pretty easy to do, if you've used `git-dpm tag`
diligently (you *have*, right? :).

>yeah but changing copyright is a little bit more intrusive than fixing a typo
>or s/http/https/

True, but I don't think it's any more or less intrusive than changes to
d/control or d/rules for example, either of which could break your build, or
you could disagree with.

The team rules in Python Policy are there to help establish the ground rules
for collaboration, and I think both sides of the equation have to understand
and accept those rules.  Otherwise, team maintainership becomes too unwieldy
to be practical or useful -- for everyone.

Cheers,
-Barry