[Python-modules-team] Packaging Django v1.8 for Sid?

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Tue Nov 8 09:06:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 20:49:41 +0000
Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com> wrote:

> Can I request that ‘someone’ package up a “python-django1.8” package
> for Sid?

This close to the freeze for the Stretch release, I'd think it is
unlikely.

> Openstack Horizon (the Openstack web interface) currently don’t work
> correctly with Django v1.10.
>
> “They’re” working on it, but in the meantime, can “someone” please
> package v1.8? I would be very great full!

There's 1.7 from jessie or 1.8 from jessie-backports.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-django

Just install and use apt-mark hold to keep at that version. You could
also create a local apt repository which has 1.8 instead of 1.10 using
tools like reprepro. I routinely script things like that for specific
test operations - echo the apt source at a new file 'django.list'
in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, update, install run apt-mark and optionally
remove the apt source.

--

Neil Williams