[Python-modules-team] python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue May 23 15:54:31 UTC 2017

(please cc me on answers)

On Tue, 23 May 2017, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> please take the version from testing, not a version that never was in the archive

I have been maintaining the 1.8.x LTS version of Django in jessie-backports since
December 2015.

Except the very first, none of the 1.8.x versions that I uploaded in
jessie-backports have been in testing.

Please let me continue providing this service to our users.

Why are you suddenly acting on this upload and not the formers?

The Debian package tracker runs currently on this Django version and I
would like to be able to provide security updates for DSA and for users
who rely on this version (Scott Kitterman pinged me because he needed
that update).

In the same way, I would like to maintain the 1.11.x LTS branch in
stretch-backports in the future.

Thank you.

PS: I know this this is not 100% conformant to your rules. But there
are zero drawbacks in me using jessie-backports in that way. Most Django
users want a LTS release and unfortunately, our schedule does not match
Django's schedule very well so we never have the desired version in
stable.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer