[Python-modules-team] python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Jan Ingvoldstad frettled at gmail.com
Wed May 24 09:37:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Adrian Bunk <bunk at debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:01:41AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 May 2017, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > What is the minimum amount of technical checking that has to be in
> place
> > > before something like this could be done?
> >
> > For the backports team, none. For the maintainer, he must know this
> policy
> > and act accordingly.
>
> The maintainer of the python-django backport not acting according to
> policy is what started this discussion.

s/started/reignited/

This is a discussion that crops up every once in a while, and usually
quickly gets killed off.

Basically: if you need security updates, don't rely on backports, don't put
things in backports. The backport policy is incompatible with keeping
systems up-to-date and secure.

Backports are somewhat useful for testing packages from testing in stable.

I strongly recommend not using backports for anything else, and certainly
not in production.

--
Jan