[Python-modules-team] python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Uwe Kleine-König uwe at kleine-koenig.org
Fri May 26 19:23:01 UTC 2017

Hello Raphael,

On 05/24/2017 09:46 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>> With my model that would be:
>>
>>  - sid/testing has both, latest version and latest LTS (including
>>    security)
>>  - jessie-backports strictly follows django-lts and so shouldn't be
>>    much of a headache.
>    - $stable has both
>    - $oldstable has both
>
> So for every new security issues affecting all versions, we have 7 to 8 uploads
> to make instead of 4.

ok, so the charm to have the current release not in the archive but
somewhere separate (be it experimental or something else) is that you
don't need to handle security updates. If that is the case, this version
isn't really usable (from my POV). Maybe only to test if my application
works with it. Otherwise I either want my application to work with
Django LTS and so stick to that during development, or I use virtualenv
in which case I don't even need the lts package.

My 2 cents
Uwe