[Python-modules-team] python3-urwid package fails to install on Raspbian

Giedrius Trainavičius giedrius at blokas.io
Fri Oct 13 17:42:49 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am building a deb package for python3 which depends on urwid, and there
seems to be a version conflict.

python3-urwid_1.2.1-2_armhf.deb has a dependency on python expressed like:

python3 (>= 3.4~), python3 (<< 3.5)

Running apt-get install results in an error, because the python3 version is
newer than 3.5:

sudo apt-get install python3-urwid

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

python3-urwid : Depends: python3 (< 3.5) but 3.5.3-1 is to be installed

Is there some workaround or possibility to get this conflict fixed? If the
package can be fixed in apt repositories, how long could the effort take?

Let me know if this is not the right place to contact, I found this e-mail
listed as the package maintainer.

Thank you,

Giedrius.