[Python-modules-team] RFS: pcapy/0.11.3-1 [ITA]

eamanu15 emmanuelarias30 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 10:46:13 BST 2018

Hello Sergio!

Thanks for your comments!

I fix the problems that you say me. Please check it

1) On d/copyright, the license specified for the project is wrong.
> According to the LICENSE file, the project is released under a slightly
> modified version of the Apache license.  This is something really
> important to get right, otherwise the ftp-masters will certainly reject
> the package.  You listed the license as being "GPL-2", but the text is
> clearly not GPL-2.
>
> Ohh!!! Sorry I saw the old d/copyright file to do this.

2) Still on d/copyright: as said above, the GPL-2 license is wrong.
> However, I think it's also important to mention that the license text is
> formatted in a strange/wrong manner.  You have text like this:
>
>  [...]
>  Redistribution and use in source  and binary forms, with or without
>    modification, are permitted  provided that the following conditions
>    are met:
>
>        1. Redistributions  of  source   code  must  retain  the  above
>  [...]
>
> The correct format for d/copyright is to indent the text using 1 space,
> and to use . (dot) for blank lines.  Like this:
>
>  [...]
>  Redistribution and use in source  and binary forms, with or without
>  modification, are permitted  provided that the following conditions
>  are met:
>  .
>  1. Redistributions  of  source   code  must  retain  the  above
>  [...]

Ready!

> 3) The package uses a *really* old version of debhelper (version 5!).
> We're at version 11 already, so you should update both d/compat and
> d/control (i.e., depend on debhelp >= 11) to reflect that.

Ready!

> 4) You haven't addressed my comment about building a Python 3 package.
> IMO you should really do that; lintian will warn you if you don't.

Yes, I forgot do that! Sorry!

> 5) You haven't answered my question about why the package has "Suggests:
> doc-base".  It seems to be a relic from this very old debhelper; I think
> you can safely remove it.

Yes, I remove it. Since I do not have much knowledge about doc-base and why
it is there, I left it. But now is removed.

Thanks for your help!
Regards!

--
Arias Emmanuel