[Python-modules-team] [IMPORTANT] DPMT migrated to Salsa

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Fri Feb 9 12:46:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

good news everyone. I migrated DPMT to Salsa.

What is done:

   - git repository migration Alioth -> Salsa
   - git at Alioth locked (pre-receive hook)
   - DD members of Alioth DPMT team migrated to Salsa DPMT subgroup
   - DD members of Alioth PAPT team migrated to Salsa PAPT subgroup
   - original owners of DPMT+PAPT are owners of Salsa Python team (parent
   of DPMT and PAPT)
   - AliothRewriter (only for http/https). For example this URL:
   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/enum34.git will
   redirect you to Salsa
   - enable IRC notification, tag bug as pending hook and email
   notifications to dispatch at tracker.debian.org

All non-DD members needs to create account at Salsa and request access.
Please send that request (with your username) by private mail to me. If you
are member of DPMT/PAPT Alioth group, I will add you to Salsa.

You should change your git remotes to Salsa.

Simple workaround if you like debcheckout:
onovy at sid:~$ cat ~/.gitconfig
[url "ssh://git@salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/"]
    insteadOf = git://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/
    insteadOf = git://git.debian.org/python-modules/packages/
    insteadOf = https://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/
    insteadOf = https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/
    insteadOf = http://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/
    insteadOf = http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/

Requests to join DPMT/PAPT should be send to debian-python ML. One of owner
of Python team will add you as member to DPMT and/or PAPT subgroup. Please
don't add anyone but Owners to Python team directly to keep access control
clean.

What is missing:

   - change PAPT policy and change "Joining the team" section to same
   wording as DPMT policy
   - move all documentation, policy, pages from alioth (to Salsa pages?)
   - move mailing lists from alioth
   - fix wiki
   - prepare script for setting up/fixing repos (i did it by ad-hoc scripts
   now) ideally with CI/CD + GitLab Scheduler (runs every week?). Something
   like this:
   https://salsa.debian.org/jcowgill/multimedia-cli/blob/master/multimedia-cli.py
   - PAPT -> Salsa migration (svn->git)
   - fix mr
   - mass-commit change of d/control: Vcs-*
   - ... did I forgot something?

Any thoughts? :)

Thanks.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B