[Python-modules-team] Backporting django-tables2 - two new packages required to build

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Mon Feb 11 08:30:09 GMT 2019

I'm looking at backporting
https://packages.debian.org/source/buster/django-tables 1.21.2-1 to
stretch-backports to fix an upstream bug:
https://git.lavasoftware.org/lava/lava/issues/222

To build 1.21.2 in stretch-backports, I need a backport of
python-tablib https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-tablib which then
needs a backport of xlwt https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xlwt

xlwt needs the debhelper dependency bumped down to >= 9 for Stretch.

tablib needs the debhelper-compat change to be undone.

As these are only build-dependencies of the package I actually need,
I'm not in a good position to test that these rebuilds would work on
Stretch, other than as build-dependencies.

Neither tablib nor xlwt currently have backports, so the packages will
be delayed getting through the NEW queue.

Is anyone aware of any likely issues with these backports?

Is there an alternative that would allow me to backport django-tables
without these dependencies? tablib is used in the unit tests of the
build.

--

Neil Williams
home at codehelp.co.uk