[Python-modules-team] regression with current TeX Live packages

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Nov 8 07:33:45 GMT 2019

Dear all,

I found the reason, and I am confirming with LaTeX upstream. It seems to
me this was a bug in LaTeX 2e 2019-10-01 that was fixed in patch level 2,
released yesterday.

After confirmation I will upload new packages that fix the regression.

Best

Norbert

On Fri, 08 Nov 2019, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I see that sphinx autopkgtest fails with new texlive-base being
> installed. The error is
> 	! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .foo.png.
> This has been the case since very long time, and loading of
> 	grffile
> package is required.
>
> In a simple test example I cannot reproduce the problem you are facing:
>
> $ cat bla.tex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{grffile}
> \begin{document}
> Hello
>
> \includegraphics{oma.foo.png}
>
> \end{document}
> $ pdflatex bla.tex
> [1{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map} <./oma.foo.png>]
> (./bla.aux) )</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr1
> 0.pfb>
> Output written on bla.pdf (1 page, 16489 bytes).
> Transcript written on bla.log.
> $
>
> Could you please show the problematic file? Could it be that the sphinx
> TeX code is playing around with some internals of the graphics package,
> which can result in failures due to LaTeX core updates?

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev