[Python-modules-team] python-tz_2020.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Scott Kitterman ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org
Thu Apr 30 16:00:08 BST 2020

Unfortunately I am going to have to reject your package.

Despite the statement in debian/copyright:

# Files-Excluded: pytz/zoneinfo/*
# We don't ship these files as we use the system version from tzdata instead;
# According to tzdata, these files are in the public domain

Those files are, in fact, shipped in the package, presumably because the
Files-Excluded stanza is commented out.  Since these files are not addressed
in debian/copyright, the package can't be accepted (note: this is a regression
from the current state of the package in the archive where those files are not
present.

Additionally,

Debian/copyright is out of date.  LICENSE.txt says:

Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>

Debian/copyright in this package has 2003-2009, the one in the archive has
2003-2018.

Finally,

The Vcs-* fields in debian/control are not appropriate for a DPMT package (and
lintian warns of this).  There is an existing git repository for the package:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/python-tz

This was fixed in 2019.3-2, which is in the archive.  Please use the current
package in the archive as the basis for this upload.

Scott K

===

Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
concerns.