[Python-modules-team] proposal: moving awscli and python-botocore to cloud-team ownership

Bastian Blank waldi at debian.org
Tue Jun 23 13:43:24 BST 2020

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 12:53:01PM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 08:36:33PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > Thank you.  I've forked both of these salsa projects into the cloud-team
> > > namespace.  I'll prepare sid uploads adjusting the various packaging
> > > metadata in the next day or two.
> > Please don't.  Please ask them to be moved properly by opening a ticket
> > if you don't find another way.
> Why not?  We've moved other repositories using this process and it's
> never been a problem.

If a project is moved, the old project is for sure gone and is replaced
by a redirect.  This means that users don't need to change anything and
existing checkouts will continue to work.

If you move a project by forking, you need to make sure the original
project is actually removed and you need to modify any existing checkout
by hand.

But it seems we never added a hint about moving stuff to the Salsa
documentation.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1